May is the most comfortable time of the year with the temperatures either hot or cold. Why not you bring yourself some new cast iron skillet recipe for yourself? Come in and I bet you will benefit from my cast iron skillet steak recipe!
Every year after the spring rain drops from the clear sky, I always go to market to find some fresh vegetables that grown under the first rain. And the vegetables truly inspire me in kitchen for different dishes in cast iron skillet.
So today I am going to introduce a cast iron steak recipe for most families can offer a dinner that raise an atmosphere of warmth and happiness. I figure it out when the rain drops knocking on my windows continually is the right time to unite bacon and steak by adding some special seasonings that can avoid the dish become too greasy. And after uncountable test, I finally bring this recipe to all of you.
Remember our key word is that spring vegetable. So the first requirement of this recipe is you must guarantee the ingredients especially the vegetables must be fresh. The style of American food is always too simple, it will divide the meat and vegetable to two different parts, one as salad and another one as steak or bacon. But my cast iron skillet recipe mixes them together to create a totally new aroma with exotic seasonings.
Also my cast iron steak recipe include the bacon make it more delicious. But the secret of magic is the choice of my seasoning, the black coffee. If you can add some coffee aroma in your cook by appropriate way, then you can avoid you dish from being too greasy.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ground coffee
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced shallot
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups frozen peas
- Scallions, sliced thinly, for garnish
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- FOR THE MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Prepare a baking sheet and put your steak on it, then rub about 2 tbsp of olive oil over the surface of it.
- Mix the ground coffee, garlic powder and half tbsp of cayenne, salt, and pepper in a little bowl. After mix them together, rub the mixture all over the steak. And then leave the steak at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare another bowl to assemble the mustard vinaigrette which include garlic, Dijon mustard, vinegar, honey, one fourth tsp cayenne, one third cup olive oil, and water.
- Next, preheat a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Put the chopped bacon and cook for about 5 minutes until they are crispy. Remove the bacon with a spoon and take them on a paper towel. Then add the flank steak. Each side of flank steak should be cooked for 3 minutes. Then you can put the steak on a board to be cut.
- Let the excess oil out of the skillet but keeping about 1 tbsp in the skillet. Turn the skillet to medium heat and add the shallots along with salt and pepper. Cook the shallots until they are softened, for two minutes. Next, add in the peas with a splash of water and cook until the peas are tender for five minutes.
- Lastly, add the asparagus stems. Cook the asparagus stems until tender, about five minutes.Slice the flank steak and place it over the vegetables. Drizzle the steak with the mustard vinaigrette and garnish with scallions and fresh parsley. And that is all of my cast iron skillet recipe. The direction of this cast iron steak recipe is not very complex but also need practices.
The veges in this recipe compliments the whole dish. Always remember to check on the time otherwise you might overcook or under cook the steak.