The person who is always on my back to support me is my wife. We met in college and I was kinda attracted to her by her personality. She was optimistic and even now she is happy about everything and every day, no matter how difficult the problem seems to be, she can always make it perfect. She is good at cooking, especially the dessert. Her father was a dessert chef and the apple does not fall far from its tree. She loved cooking dessert just like the father. When we were in college, she could make different desserts for me every week. And every dessert she made for me was a surprise. I have always felt like I am the luckiest person in the whole world. There was nothing like the Cast Iron Maple Golden Acorn Squash Pie though, This was my all time favorite.
This custom pie has witnessed our love from the beginning to now. To date, we still make it every week no matter how busy we are. When I am happy, the pie is to celebrate the happiness; When I am sad, the pie is also there to comfort me. I don’t know how his father invented the delicious Maple Golden Acorn Squash Pie. I always jokingly said that the main ingredient of the pie was love, and I can attest to the way her mother also enjoyed the pie. The ambiance is always not the same when we are having the pie.
You can read more[Here] on the Recipe for Maple Golden Acorn Squash Pie.
Tasty Maple Golden Acorn Squash Pie Recipe
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 Eggs + 2 Yolks
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups Acorn Squash Puree
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Bourbon (optional)
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Pie Crust, partially baked and warm
- Cut 2 golden acorn squashes into the half with a sharp knife. Add 1/4 cup of water to the safe dish, and place it in a microwave oven. Use a plastic wrap to cover it, and open one corner for a vent. Don’t stop until the fork turns soft and easy to scrape the flesh off the squash.
- Place squash into a food processor and the puree into a mesh sieve and press through. This way you can remove any of the fiber of the squash. Then clean the remains.
- Let the oven preheat to 400 degrees. Mix cream, milk, eggs, yolks, and vanilla together in a large bowl and rotate them regularly until it is smooth.
- Mix acorn squash, sugar, maple syrup, bourbon, ginger, salt and pumpkin pie spice in the cast iron skillet place the mixture to a simmer and stir them for about 15 minutes. Stop the stirring when the mixture is thickened and smooth.
- Mix the cream mixture and the squash mixture till they are getting thickened then stop heating.
- Bake the mixture for about 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees, then 30-35 minutes at 300 degrees. The pie is now ready to serve.
- You can add some cream or pumpkin pie spice to add some more flavor to the pie. This will make it more delicious.
The Recipe for this Cast Iron Maple Golden Acorn Squash Pie is the secret for our everlasting love between me and my better half. Hope this is helpful and all will be looking forward to my next story.