In my memory, the most impressive dessert is the ice cream skillet. My father really loves cooking, he often created some special food for our family when he was young, now he is retired, he always studies how to make the food special. Every night, he will close his kitchen’s door at least 2 hours to think what he wants to make tomorrow and what he needs to prepare. He loves cooking, in other words, he is crazy about it. One day, I woke up suddenly at 5:30 am because of a big noise. That sound was from the kitchen, I ran to the kitchen and opened that door, I laughed when I saw my father’s face. His face was black because he turned the temperature up and the oven couldn’t stand and then …you know.
What my father made that day is the ice cream skillet blondie for two. I didn’t know where he got the recipe, he failed that day, and from that day, he used 5 days to study it, to make it perfect. And after 5 days later, he got the cast iron dessert recipes and used this recipe, he succeeded eventually.
After hearing what I experienced, you must be curious about how to make this delicious dessert which impressed me deeply. Here comes the recipe!
Preparation of this dessert is kind of easy and all the ingredients are available in the stores. However to get the best of taste you need to check your portions carefully. The portions of your ingredient will also depend on the size of the dessert.
This recipe is based on my father’s, he took so much effort to make this recipe perfect. Not everyone has the talent to be a chef, but as long as he can be absorbed in it. So here comes the recipe.
You may also like:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (I use Challenge)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mix-ins (butterscotch or chocolate chips, coconut, chopped candy, nuts, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and then you need spray cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the butter and brown sugar until crinkly, and then mix the egg yolk, vanilla, baking powder, salt. Finally mix in the flour, then stir in add-ins. (As for me, I will add some butterscotch and shredded coconut).
- Bake it for about 20 minutes. When the outer edges and the center turn golden brown, but the center is still a bit jiggly.
- Serve with ice cream and caramel syrup. Enjoy it.
You should pay attention to the temperature. It’s crucial for you to control the temperature, if you don’t, your face will get black, my father is a “good” example.The dessert is more suitable to be taken during the day, most probably lunch time.