I took three years to travel around the world in order to find the most delicious food. During that journey, I found much food and interesting culture as well, what I call the super easy cast iron pizza never crossed my mind though. About two years ago, I went to a small village (I don’t remember the name) which was located in the southeast of Texas, it was isolated and people who lived in there were stereotyped, they haven’t seen an outsider before. So my coming surprised them.
Actually, I saw a video on YouTube about this small village and I decided to go there to find the delicious food. But when I got there, I found there were so many foods to taste and I didn’t know which was the best, I think every villager here is a talented cook, they all can cook very well, what’s more, they are hospitable. They “fought” with each other to get this chance to let me live in their house, at that moment, I almost thought I was a treasure. However, the most impressive food is a pizza named super easy cast iron pizza.
I found that pizza in a small house, there was an old lady lived in the house. The villagers called that old lady grandma Lisa. She always cooked for other villagers, all the villagers said her food was the most delicious than anyone else. Then I found her in her kitchen, she was making a special pizza, she made it in a very easy way, even a person who never cooked can make it very well, so she called it the super easy cast iron pizza, just because it’s easy to make. Here I’d like to share the cast iron pizza recipes with you.
Preparation of the super easy cast iron pizza.
- l 1 1/2 cups flour
- l 1/4 Tsp. active dry yeast
- l 3/4 Tsp. salt
- l 3/4 cup water, cold
- l 1 tbs. olive oil, for greasing pan
- l 1/3 cup of your favorite pizza sauce
- l 4 oz. mozzarella & provolone mix cheese
- l Any toppings
- Easy materials to get in the supermarket nearby, and if I were you, I will make the measure under-control, it’s the key to make it perfect.
- Put flour, yeast, and salt together in a bowl.
- Pour some cold water and stir it to make it combine well.
- Use a plastic wrap to cover the bowl tightly.
- Put the dough in a dry and ventilated place for about a night, use some flour to sprinkle the dough and then stir until it becomes a ball.
- Use olive oil to grease your cast iron skillet, and place the dough in it, spread it to the edge of the skillet, then cover the pan and let it rest.
- After about an hour later, preheat the oven to about 550 F.
- When the dough rise add sauce, cheese, and some toppings to it. Then start cooking on medium high for 3 minutes.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake it until the dough turns golden.Then remove from the oven with care. Enjoy it.
The Recipe needs patience and the timing needs to be taken accurately also.
You will never regret trying the delicious pizza if you have made this one in your own kitchen. If it doesn’t taste well, don’t worry, remember that everything is difficult at the beginning, try it again and again, you will make it perfect one day. Grandma Lisa told me the secret about the pizza, actually the recipe is from his husband, so you can feel the love of the old couple from this recipe.
Other Cast Iron Cooking that will make your mealtime a happy time: