Snowing in spring? Don’t get worked up there is a solution to keep you warm. Let us go through how to make delicious potato soup in Dutch oven.A bowl of warm and delicious loaded potato soup can not be good anymore at night in falling snow flakes.
I was taken a back with the rich cheesy concortion and the porridge like taste of this recipe which I chose to add on some bacon to have the taste more good. This is not a typical potato soup and it reminds me of the kind I always order in one of my favourite restaurants, name withheld. I was not sure about the bacon but you will surely like it.
The ingredients and seasonings of this Dutch oven cooking are popular in any place which means that you can gather them easily, but what should be done is the high quality of the ingredients. Arming your kitchen and refrigerator with the ingredients listed.
- Potatoes (about 1 1/2lb) peeled and diced into 1/2” pieces
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 4 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 8 Slices of Bacon
- 3 cups of Chicken Stock
- 3 cups of Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup of Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups of Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- Chopped Green Onions
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cook the bacon for about 4 minutes until it become golden and crispy then removes it to a plate which is covered by a paper towel aside.
- Clean the oven and add the butter and onion then sauté them until the onion becomes translucent and develops a bit of color, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir flour in it for 1 minute constantly, put the milk, stock and potatoes in the large Dutch oven and bring to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Mix the sour cream and cooked bacon in it and continually cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the seasonings like salt as desired. You can sprinkle some chopped green onion or extra cheese as topping to make it more attractive. Then serve this Dutch oven cooking.
I hope my Dutch oven cooking can bring warmth in the dark long chilly spring nights after annoying and tiresome whole day work. You can try this in a Dutch oven.