Churros are best childhood memory of many people, and how to make delicious homemade Churros by yourself in your own kitchen should be the biggest question? My answer is that you can use a large Dutch oven to finish this Dutch oven cooking!
Churros are easy to make and taste good. The kind of jam you use to partner with the churros is also another thing to consider. My favorite combination is hot fresh churros and half frozen strawberry jam. In my opinions, every cooking process is like a fight on battlefield. What we supposed to prepare before doing it? My suggestion is to buy a high quality Dutch oven as backup for this Dutch oven cooking. There is no sense to let a soldier to fight with bare palms, right? Every cook or soldier should arm themselves.
Actually the ingredients of churros could be very complex depends on the flavor and texture desired. But I promise you if you prepare the ingredients as I have tried this time, there is no risk to failure. You should also try the kind of flour I used because it will influence the texture of churros. This Dutch oven cooking’s ingredients have been listed as follow.
If you follow the recipe and make a combination of the ingredients as I did, you are more likely to have spongy and delicious homemade churros as I did.
In this recipe I chose to use Canola oil though you can use any oil of your choice. People have different tastes and preferences for oils and fats and this should not be a major problem. The choice of oil will definitely not affect your recipe.
The Churros are super delicious when you dip them in melted chocolate. Chocolate gives the churros that needed cocoa taste and when combined with the sugar in the churros, it is out of the world.
- 1 cup of Water
- 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Canola Oil for frying or any kind of oil for your choice.
- ½ cup of Granulated Sugar for coating
- 1 Tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- Add enough canola oil in a large Dutch oven about to reach the half line of it, then heat it by medium heat until 375 degrees. You can also use a deep fryer for this.
- Add the water, butter, vegetable oil, 1 Tbsp of sugar, vanilla and salt in a large saucepan, bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and add the flour, remember stirring constantly until the mixture turns into a ball, cook this mixture for about 1 minute.
- Put the dough into a bowl and add one egg a time and mixing well to make sure after each addition the egg is well combined.
- Spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Put ropes about five inch to hot oil mildly to avoid drops of oil hurting you. And remember put little dough in it or the temperature will down soon. Cook them for a few minutes on each side or until deeply golden brown.
- Using towel paper to suck all excess oil in it and then dip them in the cinnamon sugar. The Dutch oven cooking can serve right away!
A different combination can bring you totally different taste, but the only thing that won’t change is the texture of churros. Try this way and surely you will be hooked to churros.