Summer is a good season to go out and see the world. The hustle and bustle metropolis, the beautiful coast, rivers, trees etc. Nowadays many of my friends are taking their families for a trip. For many people like me, we like to go to visit the nature and find her mysteries.There is always the problem with food when this happens. Most of the people tend to grill or smoke ribs from the outside.So why would you choose a vegetarian dish of Grilled Portobello Mushrooms for a nature outing?
Vegetarians always have a hard time having their right diet taken into consideration and most of them opt to just sit and watch. Then there are those who are on diet too. They feel terrible, Most of them fear the fatty dishes and ribs are considered to go against their wishes of losing weight. So is there any method to help to solve this problem? Not only can let them taste the roast “meat”, also help them not to get much weight. Yes, there is. Grilling isn’t just about burgers and ribs.
I would like to introduce one of my all-time favorite vegetarian grill recipes which really suits the taste of a vegetarian. Grilled Portobello mushroom with balsamic is a kind of really delicious dish vegetarian dish then you can imagine. Mushroom is not only good for your health but also cook well the mushroom can smell and taste like meat. And about the balsamic, it is thick, sweet-smelling vinegar that is made from pure and unfermented grape juice. The balsamic vinaigrette dressings contain olive oil and seasonings such as Dijon mustard and garlic. This type of vinegar can also be added to food such as spinach after it has been cooked, thereby creating a unique seasoning.
Vegetarian grilling may sound silly because many people think that grilling means big slabs of meat will be thrown on the grill. There are actually many healthy vegetarian grilling recipes to enjoy, so now you can enjoy outdoor cooking without meat! This grilled recipe can be used as for the vegetarians, or it can be used as a side dish. Here I would like to tell you how to make it.
- 6 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms (if they are wiped of any dirt, you need to wash them and quickly dry them)
- Preheat the grill. Preheat the oven to 350℉. In a small bowl, toss the garlic cloves with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and some kosher salt. Wrap the garlic cloves in tinfoil and place on the tray in the center of the oven. Cook until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. It may cost about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Use a medium-size bowl, whisk together the balsamic with 3/4 cup of the olive oil and the mustard. Then find another medium bowl, toss the mushrooms in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season the mushrooms with salt. Place them, stem-side up, on the hottest part of the grill.
- Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, the liquid may be starting to emerge from the stem area. The thing you need to do is flip them to the other side and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer them to a tray and place in the center of the oven. Cook until they are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, an additional 12 to 15 minutes. Season them lightly with salt again.
- Remove the garlic from the oven. Then squeeze the garlic pulp out from mushrooms’ skins and whisk it vigorously into the dressing. Arrange them on a serving platter and top with the dressing. Then you can serve immediately.
You can also add quite a bit of soy sauce to this recipe. The soy and ginger soak the mushrooms for maximum flavor. It can be served on a whole-grain bun like a burger for a vegetarian main-course offering or with brown rice and greens for a complete vegetarian meal. Or it can match the mushrooms as a side dish with grilled meats for the carnivores in your group. Only 2.1 calories are from fat in this recipe and there is only 9.8 mg sodium. Just reduce a bit of salt to compensate! This is a kind of light food which suits everyone’s taste. So why not make some mushrooms for your families. This dish is really easy to make and does not cost you so much time and you can even teach your girl scouts to make. So next time you want to try some vegetarian grilled dish, do not forget this grilled Portobello mushrooms recipe.